NEO New Oncology GmbH – part of Siemens Healthineers – is a dynamically growing diagnostics company offering genetic testing to identify optimal treatment options for cancer patients. Our technology platform »NEO« is based on next generation sequencing and proprietary computer algorithms. NEO reliably identifies therapy-relevant genetic alterations from standard clinical material such as FFPE specimens and liquid biopsies with short turnaround times and highest accuracy.
The Computational Biology department is seeking a highly motivated
Software Engineer (m/f)
with strong background in informatics and system administration to strengthen the existing team of outstanding international scientists, computational biologists and software developers/architects which contribute daily to the improvement of the New Oncology cutting-edge technology.
- Optimize our job execution system by improving its performance and increasing its levels of parallelism,
- Introduce, adapt, maintain and stabilize tools and systems used by our computational biologists in close collaboration with our IT department,
- Support the implementation of new features for our data analysis pipeline, as well as the optimization of the current software architecture,
- Test and document newly developed algorithms in order to maintain the compliancy of the data analysis pipeline to QM standards.
Your skills and experience:
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering, or several years of working experience in a related enterprise environment,
- Programming knowledge in C/C++ and Python is required,
- Experience with the Linux ecosystem and its administration,
- Experience with continuous integration tools,
- Experience in working with regulated software is desired,
- Independent and analytical thinking as well as interest for bioinformatics,
- Good English skills both verbal and written,
- Experience with bioinformatics tools and databases is a plus,
- Ability to work in a team.
- Working in a high-end enterprise IT environment,
- Working with a comprehensive collection of software tools,
- Working in an international team of computational specialists,
- Contributing to new cutting edge NGS tools that are used for clinical testing.
Please send your CV, cover letter and your academic transcript to Dr. Thibault North at email@example.com.