Looking for a job in a fast-growing, flexible and dynamic company, but without missing out on the advantages of working in a large, global corporation?
NEO New Oncology GmbH – a Siemens Healthineers Company – is a dynamically growing diagnostics company offering products for molecular diagnostics to identify optimal treatment options for cancer patients. Our technology platform “NEO” is based on next generation sequencing and proprietary computer algorithms. NEO reliably identifies therapy-relevant genetic alterations from standard clinical material such as FFPE specimens and liquid biopsies with short turnaround times and highest accuracy.
NEO New Oncology employs specialists in the fields of cancer genomics, translational medicine, bioinformatics and diagnostic quality assurance.
The Molecular Pathology department is looking for a highly motivated
Scientist in Molecular Diagnostics (m/f)
to join a dedicated team of molecular biologists and pathologists engaged in the analysis and interpretation of genomic sequencing information.
- Routine evaluation and interpretation of genomic data derived using hybrid capture-based next generation sequencing assays,
- In-depth literature review with structured evaluation of pre-clinical and clinical data against tiers of biological and medical evidence. The purpose of these tasks is to identify and validate therapeutic associations between cancer variants and cancer drugs including on-label, off-label and investigational treatments,
- Development and maintenance of a collection of molecular reporting templates spanning different mutations, cancer types and treatments,
- Knowledge management and reporting of cancer variants. Enrichment and curation of a cancer variant knowledge-base.
Your skills and experience
- University degree in biology, biomedicine, medicine or a related field,
- In-depth knowledge of tumor biology or oncology and genomics, ideally in personalized or translational medicine,
- Thorough understanding of cancer signal transduction pathways and their clinical implications,
- Familiarity with hematological malignancies and/or immuno-oncology is a plus,
- Confident handling of scientific literature and ability for critical analysis,
- German native speaker with professional-level command of spoken and written English. Bilingual applicants preferred,
- Ability to work independently and with deliberation,
- Ability to work in a team.
What we offer
- Be part of a young, dynamic, fast-growing company
- Working in a dedicated team of data analysts, pathologists, bioinformaticians and IT-scientists to support clinical decision making using cutting edge technologies
- Possibility to develop further
Type of Position: Permanent full-time (40 h/week)
Location: Cologne, Germany
Please e-mail your application to: email@example.com. Your contact person is Sotirios Lakis MD, NEO New Oncology GmbH.