Looking for a job in a young, flexible and dynamic company, but without missing out on the advantages of working in a large, global corporation? We might have the solution for you.
NEO New Oncology GmbH is a dynamically growing diagnostics company offering genetic testing to identify optimal treatment options for cancer patients. Our technology platform “NEO” is based on next generation sequencing and proprietary computer algorithms. NEO reliably identifies therapy-relevant genetic alterations from standard clinical material such as FFPE specimens and liquid biopsies with short turnaround times and highest accuracy. In spring 2016, we were acquired by Siemens Healthineers and are a fully-owned subsidiary now.
We are now seeking a highly motivated and self-driven
Bioinformatics / Biostatistics Scientist (m/f)
- As a Bioinformatics/ Biostatistics Scientist you are responsible for the processing and interpretation of large data sets generated by our NGS team
- You perform statistical data analysis for research projects
- You present the results of statistical analyses in internal meetings
- You are responsible for the technical documentation of methods and results according to industry standards (e.g. ISO 62304, GAMP, etc.)
- You support data mining and analysis for the optimization of diagnostic routine protocols, as well as in enhancing NEO assays performance
Your skills and experience
- You hold a university degree (Bachelor/Master) in Statistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Computer Science or in other related scientific disciplines (or equivalent experience in an enterprise environment)
- You bring relevant work experience and you have a very strong background in statistics as well as strong programming and computing skills
- You have experience with Bash, Python and R programming languages
- You bring experience in NGS statistical data analysis and a good understanding of Git and other software tools for code maintenance
- Good scientific understanding of cancer genetics and genomics is considered a plus
- You have excellent presentation skills and the ability to work in a team
- Fluent English skills (both verbal and written) round off your profile
- Working in a young and fast-growing company with a dynamic and international work environment, cutting-edge molecular diagnostics products and a highly motivated team
- Excellent opportunities for future development
Type of Position: Permanent full-time (40 h/week)
Location: Cologne, Germany
How to apply: Please submit your application via our global Siemens Careers website. Apply here.