Nutzen Sie die ausgezeichneten Karriere-Perspektiven
Computational Biologist/Bioinformatician (m/f)
NEO New Oncology GmbH – part of Siemens Healthineers – is a dynamically growing diagnostics company offering genetic testing to identify optimal treatment options for cancer patients. Our technology platform “NEO” is based on next generation sequencing and proprietary computer algorithms. NEO reliably identifies therapy-relevant genetic alterations from standard clinical material such as FFPE specimens and liquid biopsies with short turnaround times and highest accuracy.
The Computational Biology department is seeking a highly motivated
Computational Biologist / Bioinformatician (m/f)
with strong track record in the field of bioinformatics and/or computational biology to strengthen the existing team of outstanding international scientists and computational biologists contributing to the improvement of the New Oncology cutting-edge technology.
- Implementation and maintenance of data analysis pipelines, analytical tools and internal as well as external databases that enable comprehensive genetic tumour profiling;
- Development and improvement of algorithms identifying genomic alterations in tumour DNA derived from clinical specimens such as FFPE, fresh frozen tissue or blood samples;
- Processing and interpretation of large data sets generated by our NGS team, including development and implementation of analytical tools for assay development;
- Development of methods and software tools to support large-scale bioinformatics analysis;
- Documentation and testing of newly developed algorithms in a highly regulated environment.
Your skills and experience:
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or several years of working experience in a related enterprise environment;
- Deep understanding of cancer genetics and biology;
- Several years of experience in NGS data processing and evaluation;
- Experience with bioinformatics tools and databases;
- Good knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as C++ and Python;
- Good English skills both verbal and written;
- Experience in working with regulated software is a plus;
- Ability to work in a team.
- Working in a high-end enterprise IT environment;
- Working with a comprehensive collection of software tools;
- Working in an international team of computational specialists;
- Developing new cutting edge NGS tools that are used for clinical testing;
- Supporting comprehensive molecular diagnostics of cancer patients.
Type of Position:
How to apply:
Please send your CV, cover letter and your academic transcript to Dr. Erika Mariotti at email@example.com.